Explore the Galician Region, one of the first kingdoms of Europe and admire the culture of this autonomous community as you pass by its cities on the way to Portugal.
1st. Day MADRID-LUGO
We leave Madrid for Lugo, in the region of Galicia. Dinner and accommodations at Lugo.
2nd. Day LUGO-LA CORUÑA
Breakfast. We depart for La Coruña and go on a short panoramic tour. In the afternoon, there is an optional excursion to the Rías Altas that takes us through typical villages as Pontedeume, Betanzos, etc. Dinner and accommodations at La Coruña.
3rd. Day LA CORUÑA-SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
Breakfast. We will leave for Santiago de Compostela and will go on a city tour of this legendary pilgrimage town once we arrive. We will visit sites such as the Plaza del Obradoiro, Cathedral, etc. The rest of the afternoon is free. Dinner and accommodations at Santiago de Compostela.
4th. Day SANTIAGO-RIAS BAJAS-VIGO
We depart for the area of the Spanish Fjords (Rias Bajas) after breakfast. On the way to Vigo, we will drive through the splendid landscapes of La Toja Island, Ría de Arosa and Pontevedra. Dinner and accommodations at Vigo.
5th. Day VIGO-SALAMANCA
Breakfast. We depart for the region of Castilla-León via Zamora. We arrive at Salamanca, a city full of monuments, where we will have time to explore Plaza Mayor and its old quarters. Dinner and accommodations. at Salamanca.
6th. Day SALAMANCA-COIMBRA
Breakfast. We head to Ciudad Rodrigo and the Portuguese border. From here we continue via Guarda towards Coimbra, the site of one of the oldest universities in Europe and birthplace of Fado, the music of Portugal. Dinner and accommodations at Coimbra.
7th. Day COIMBRA-FATIMA-LISBON
Breakfast. We leave for Fatima, an important pilgrimage center. You will have some free time to visit the Shrine before we continue towards Lisbon, the capital of Portugal located at the mouth of river Tagus. Accommodations at Lisbon.
8th. Day LISBON
Breakfast. We will go on a morning city sightseeing tour that takes us to the old Alfama Quarter, the Tower of Belem, the Monastery of Los Jeronimos, etc. You can explore the rest of the city during your free time in the afternoon or opt to take a tour to Sintra, Cascais and Estoril.
9th. Day LISBON-CACERES-MADRID
Breakfast. We depart for Cáceres, in the region of Extremadura. There, you will have free time to explore its Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city. Its famous medieval quarter is very well preserved and is considered a World Heritage Site. You will be given time to have lunch on your own before we head to Madrid for the end of services.
- Lugo - Gran Hotel Lugo ****
- La Coruña - Tryp Coruña ****
- Santiago - Gran Hotel Santiago ****
- Vigo - Hesperia Vigo ****
- Salamanca - NH Palacio Castellanos ****
- Coimbra - Tryp Coimbra ****
- Lisbon - Lutecia ****
Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Transportation by deluxe motor-coaches, with air-conditioning and panoramic windows
- Experienced multilingual tour conductors
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated with expert local guides
- Entrance fees unless indicated
- Accommodations in 3 or 4-star hotel depending on option booked
- Transportation and porterage of one baggage per person
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 4 years old are free of charge provided no seat is occupied. All their expenses will be directly paid by their parents.
- For triple room rates, please inquire.
- For the list of hotel accommodations, please inquire. Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.