Explore the majesty of the Northern Region of Spain in an 8-day adventure that will take you to famous landmarks in Basque Country, Galicia, the region of Asturias and other wondrous regions of Spain.
1st. Day MADRID-ZARAGOZA-SAN SEBASTIAN
We leave Madrid for Zaragoza. We will stop here before continuing to San Sebastián for dinner and accommodations.
2nd. Day SAN SEBASTIAN-BILBAO-SANTANDER-SANTILLANA-
Breakfast. We leave for Bilbao, where we will take a short panoramic tour to admire the Guggenheim Museum building. We continue to Santander, where we will have some free time to explore the city. In the afternoon, we will depart for Santillana del Mar, a historic town considered a national monument. We will explore the city before heading to Colombres for dinner and accommodations.
3rd. Day COLOMBRES-COVADONGA-OVIEDO
Breakfast. We travel to Covadonga through the Picos de Europa mountains, passing by splendid landscapes. We will have free time to visit the Shrine once we arrive. We then head to Oviedo for dinner and accommodations.
4th. Day OVIEDO-GIJON-LUGO
Breakfast. We leave for Gijón, the second capital of the region of Asturias. We will go on a short panoramic tour before heading to Luarca, Ribadeo and Lugo in the Region of Galicia. We will have dinner and accommodations at Lugo.
5th. Day LUGO-LA CORUÑA
Breakfast. We depart for La Coruña and go on a short panoramic tour. In the afternoon, there is an optional excursion to the Rías Altas that takes us through typical villages as Pontedeume, Betanzos, etc. Dinner and accommodations at La Coruña.
6th. Day LA CORUÑA-SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
Breakfast. We will leave for Santiago de Compostela and will go on a city tour of this legendary pilgrimage town once we arrive. We will visit sites such as the Plaza del Obradoiro, Cathedral, etc. The rest of the afternoon is free. Dinner and accommodations at Santiago de Compostela.
7th. Day SANTIAGO-RIAS BAJAS-VIGO
We depart for the area of the Spanish Fjords (Rias Bajas) after breakfast. On the way to Vigo, we will drive through the splendid landscapes of La Toja Island, Ría de Arosa and Pontevedra. Dinner and accommodations at Vigo.
8th. Day VIGO-SALAMANCA-MADRID
We depart for Zamora and Salamanca, where we will stop momentarily to explore its famous Plaza Mayor and old quarters. We then head to Madrid, where the tour ends.
- San Sebastian- Silken Amara Plaza ****
- Colombres - San Angel ***
- Oviedo - Gran Hotel Regente ****
- Lugo - Gran Hotel Lugo ****
- La Coruña - Tryp Coruña ****
- Santiago - Gran Hotel Santiago ****
- Vigo - Hesperia Vigo ****
Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Transportation by deluxe motor-coaches, with air-conditioning and panoramic windows
- Experienced multilingual tour conductors
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated with expert local guides
- Entrance fees unless indicated
- Accommodations in 3 or 4-star hotel depending on option booked
- Transportation and porterage of one baggage per person
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 4 years old are free of charge provided no seat is occupied. All their expenses will be directly paid by their parents.
- For triple room rates, please inquire.
- For the list of hotel accommodations, please inquire. Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.