Sunrise Highlights 4 Days - ONE WAY - Mt. Fuji, Hakone, Kyoto and Nara
Take this 4-day package tour that departs from Tokyo and visits Mt. Fuji, Hakone, Kyoto, and Nara before ending in Kyoto.
A popular tour package that leaves from Tokyo and includes a one-night stay in Hakone and two nights in Kyoto.
On the first day, this tour takes you up to Mt. Fuji's fifth station to enjoy the view from 2,300 m above sea level. After this, you will take in Hakone's beautiful natural scenery with a pleasure boat cruise around Lake Ashino and a ride on the Komagatake Ropeway.
On the second day travel to Kyoto by bullet train, and then go sightseeing in Nara. On the third day, spend the whole day sightseeing in Kyoto. Finally, on the fourth day, you end your trip in Kyoto.
Day 1 : Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone
Take a deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt Fuji via expressway, then drive halfway up Japan's highest mountain to enjoy a spectacular view from a height of 2,300 meters. Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch. In the afternoon, visit Hakone. Hakone Ropeway and Owakudani Valley then take a cruise on Lake Ashi in a pirate boat.
Day 2 : Hakone - Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Drive to Odawara in the morning and take a shinkansen to Kyoto. Have lunch at Rihga Royal Hotel. Go on an afternoon tour to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple and its Great Buddha, colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with 3,000 lanterns, and Nara Park (Deer Park) where there are many freely-roaming tame deer. Return to Kyoto.
Day 3 : Kyoto
Go sightseeing around Kyoto in the morning, visiting Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Nijo Castle which is noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. Have lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center. After lunch, visit Sanjusangendo Temple with its 1001 impressive images of Buddha, vermilion-hued Heian Jingu Shrine and Kiyomizudera Temple with its wooden veranda.
Day 4 : Kyoto
The tour disbands in the morning in Kyoto.
Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
First Class: Kyoto Hotel Okura
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- 3 lunches
- English-speaking guide (except day 4)
- Hotel pick-up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expense
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels
- If your hotel is not in the list, you may choose to proceed to the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
or be picked up at a hotel in the list that is nearest you. Please indicate your choice upon booking.
- Please call to confirm your hotel pick-up.
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- When the driveway up to Mt.Fuji's 5th station is closed in winter due to heavy snow, you will go up highest possible point. Even if you go up to 5th station of Mt. Fuji, it so happens that you cannot see the full view of Mt. Fuji due to the weather conditions. We shall never make any refund and also never cancel the tour operation for this reason.
- When "Fuji Visitor Center" is closed, or if the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic jam, "Fuji Visitor Center" may be skipped.
- Hakone Ropeway or Cruise on Lake Ashi may also be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or for other operational reasons. Alternatives are: Narukawa Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Shrine, and Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway.
- We recommend you to bring an overcoat or other warm clothing during autumn and winter.
- Please note that your arrival time in Kyoto is usually around 21:30 but sometimes will be around 22:00-23:00 due to traffic conditions.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August and December. This tour will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- On Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays, the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. This tour will visit "Nishi Honganji" instead.
- You are required to fill out a form when you enter "Kyoto Imperial Palace."
Changes for 2013:
- The standard itinerary for Day 1 of this tour will change to the following from 2013: Mt. Fuji Vistor Center, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, (lunch), Lake Ashi (cruise), Mt. Komagatake Ropeway.
Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour - detailed itinerary change
- Day 2: Nara Afternoon Tour - detailed itinerary change
- The tour of Kyoto on Day 3 will depart from New Miyako Hotel, and lunch will be a Western-style buffet.
Kyoto Morning Tour - detailed itinerary change
Kyoto Afternoon Tour - detailed itinerary change
By booking this tour, you confirm that you have read and agree to these changes.